Ten Reasons Why Youâll Love Moving to Red Wing
Red Wing, MN is a quaint river town in southeastern Minnesota. It has many wonderful attributes, and I thought I’d share them here with you. I’ve been a realtor for over 12 years, and I’ve helped many families get settled into the area. It’s with much pride that I introduce people and families to Red Wing. It’s an amazing place for people of all ages, and a wonderful place to work, play and relax.
Here are the reasons that I think you’ll love moving to Red Wing:
- We love the arts. We’re home to the world-class Anderson Center at Tower View, the Red Wing Arts Association, and the city-owned Sheldon Theater. You don’t have to leave town to see artists and performers of all kinds.
- So much to do outside! Biking trails run from along the river and the bluffs. Play disc-golf at one of the local parks. Cross country and downhill skiing during the winter make for rosy cheeks and happy times.
- Support of small businesses. I’ve been a member of the Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce for many years, and an Ambassador for almost as long. The Chamber here is very active and has over 360 members. Red Wing Ignite provides coworking spaces and business accelerator programming, and Red Wing Downtown Main Street works to keep our downtown vibrant and full of wonderful shops, services, and restaurants.
- Accessibility is a priority. The Discovery Garden in Colville Park is wheelchair accessible, and the Universal Playground was designed to meet the needs of children and adults of all abilities. This is also Red Wing’s largest playground with picnic tables, views of the Mississippi River, and a water park.
- Life along the Mississippi. Water enthusiasts will love the easy access to the water. Slip your boat at one of our marinas, or use the public landing. Spend your days fishing, relaxing, and seeing the sites along the longest river in the United States.
- Year round (and daily summer) Farmer’s Market. We’re dedicated to supporting the local food movement, and our daily Farmer’s Market proves this. Get fresh veggies, homemade bread, local honey, and everything in between at our Farmer’s Market.
- We value history. Red Wing has many museums! Visit the Red Wing Shoe Store and Museum and see the World’s Largest Boot. The Pottery Museum of Red Wing is free and has over 6,000 pieces of pottery. The Goodhue County Historical Society is a fantastic resource to learn more about the people, geography, and history of the area. The Alievio Military Museum, Marine Museum, and the Ski Jumping Hall of Fame are open more limited hours, but tell such amazing stories of the area.
- Great places to eat. There is everything from sushi to 5-star menus in Red Wing. The majority of restaurants are locally owned, and the owners are very involved in many aspects of the community
- It’s pretty. Red Wing is surrounded by bluffs, which are easy to explore, as their trails are well documented and marked, thanks to Live Healthy Red Wing, a local non-profit dedicated to increasing the health and well-being of our community. Red Wing is known for its beautiful flower pots that hang on every light post each summer, and we’ve won awards for our beautification efforts. The Master Gardeners are very active so the gardens in our parks are lovely. Speaking of parks, Red Wing has over 38 community parks to enjoy.
- Because I can help you find the perfect home here. I have guided many families as they sell and buy homes in the community. I genuinely care about each of my clients and am dedicated to finding the right home for them, or, selling their home to the right family,
About the Author:
Candace Gordon is a realtor based in Red Wing, MN. She helps her clients buy and sell homes in Red Wing, Hastings, Cottage Grove, Rochester, Lake City, and all areas in between. Call her today to list your home for sale, or to find out how she can help you find the home of your dreams.
Photo credit: Tim Alms http://www.timalmsphoto.com/